Erling Knives x Ship John Folder & Cross Draw Sheath
Beautiful Scandinavian grind folders made by hand right here in Portland. From instruments to furniture to rock walls, among many other things, Birger Olsen never ceases to impress me with his ability to make things perfect. Always taking careful time to iron out every little detail, these knives he is making are no exception. Scandi grind folders are few and far between, and we are super excited to offer some of the best. Complete with our natural veg-tanned pancake sheath with a slight angle for accessibility and comfort.
**Please note that the opening/closing on this is intentionally snug from the get-go. They will loosen over time as you use and break in the knife.
**Please research sharpening of a Scandinavian grind to care for your new knife. The single bevel calls for sharpening of the entire bevel as opposed to a micro bevel that exists on the majority of knives out there.
• Made by Erling Knives in Portland, Oregon USA
• 0-1 carbon tool steel properly heat treated to stay sharp as a razor
• 2.75" blade, 4" handle, 6.75" overall length
• Brass handle with brass liner lock
• Natural Hermann Oak leather sheath, fit for a 1.5" belt